Wednesday, August 10, 2011

'People who say they can't lose weight are lying': Mila Kunis on how losing 20lb for Black Swan changed her views on body image

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER



To the point: Mila Kunis revealed her views on body image changed after she had to lose 20lb for Oscar-winning movie Black Swan



She shed an astonishing 20lb from her already slim frame to play a ballerina in Oscar-winning movie Black Swan.



And now Mila Kunis has admitted losing the weight has entirely changed her views on body image.



The 27-year-old actress, a self-confessed 'foodie', said she was stunned with how much her body was capable of changing.





Slender: Mila had to put her body through a punishing regime to star in Black Swan





She told the new issue of Britain's Glamour magazine: 'I don’t think I ever fully realised what a human body is capable of doing. But I think I was also, in a beautiful way, incredibly naïve.



'I believed I could do anything. I never for one moment thought that I couldn’t do it. I believe in hard work. In self-drive and self-worth.



'I'm a huge foodie, I love food. But when people say, ‘I can’t lose weight’, no no no, you can. Your body can do everything and anything, you just have to want to do it.'





Refreshingly honest: In a new interview with Glamour magazine, Mila says people who say they can't lose weight are just being naive





Mila, who was born in Chernivtsi in the Ukrainian SSR, also revealed she finds it difficult to accept that people find her attractive - despite the fact she won Spike TV’s Guys’ Choice award this summer for the Holy Grail of Hot.



Talking about the award, Mila laughed: 'It’s insane. Listen, I couldn’t be happier to get any of this, because I think it’s hysterical and it makes all my friends laugh.



'If somebody finds me attractive, God bless them, I think it’s fantastic.'



Mila added the reason she is able to stay so refreshingly grounded in the movie industry is because she stays positive.





Slimming down: Mila looking curvier back in 2001, and showing off her figure in a tight red dress at a premiere last month





Just friends, no benefits: Mila has denied rumours of a relationship with her Friends With Benefits co-star Justin Timberlake





They'd make a good-looking pair! Mila and Justin were seen promoting their movie in London last month





This month's Glamour magazine



The full interview with Mila appears in the September issue of Glamour magazine, on sale on Thursday.



source: dailymail